Knowledge is power
- Who is collecting the information?
- How will this information be used?
- With whom will this information be shared?
- Do you have a choice about the use of your information?
How to avoid victimization
You should provide a practitioner with:
- your name
- your address
- your phone number
- the date you moved in
- the year the structure was built (and any remodels and their dates)
- a floorplan to scale
- plot maps, if appropriate
- your birthdate and the birthdate of those living with you who are part of the analysis
- the amount of usage an area gets and by whom
This is enough information to do the work. Shut up and let them do it!
Don’t pay feng shui people AND do their work for them by telling them everything. Would you give the same amount of information to the guy who cleans the carpets? How about the pool cleaning service? The gardener?
Call your family or your friends if you need validation.
Some practitioners say they need to “interview” you several times. That just means they’re incompetent. You can write everything they need on a piece of paper and leave it for them. Go outside, go watch TV, go to the bathroom — leave them alone to work. If they can’t manage the work, you don’t need to finance their education.